So, a long, long, LONG time ago (as in August of 2011...) Urban Decay made the most gorgeous, limited edition, beautiful palette I've ever really seen. I decided that instead, I would treat myself to the Naked2 palette because let's face it, back then, I was naive and only thought I needed one of these palettes. As if.
By the time I came to my senses, the palette was sold out and not coming back. But then, a few months ago, my awesome friend Sarah decided to send me her 15th Anniversary palette. Now that it's discontinued, I didn't want to make a post...but you guys? It's so good I literally HAVE to post about it. I mean, I think it's a crime in all sorts of ways if I don't. If their is ANY way you can get your hands on this - eBay, Amazon, discount stores, etc - then do it without even thinking about it.
This palette is in a gorgeous, detailed box with purple studded 'UD' on the front. Inside, the box has a mirror on the top half of the palette (I would say lid - but I feel like that sounds weird?) and the eyeshadows are on the lower half of the box. You can take the eyeshadow tray out, and a beautiful purple velvet jewelry tray is below. I personally will do this only after I'm done using the palette, I would have no place to put the shadows now.
The pigmentation is so rich and fabulous, just as good as the Naked & Naked2 in my opinion. The colors are smooth and silky, and fabulously soft. I really, really love this palette! When used over primer, the shades last all day and stay vibrant, too!
I took my careful time swatching these colors just to show you how amazing they really are. All of these swatches are taken in natural light (by a big window) and are on bare skin. Yes, the vibrancy and pigmentation you see is NOT due to the effects of a primer. Pretty amazing, right?
- Midnight Rodeo is a really pretty caramel/cocoa color with sparse silver glitter in it.
- Tainted is a pale lavender with just a hint of golden shimmer.
- And Deeper is a really dark brown with a little bit of a golden shimmer or sheen to it.
- Midnight 15 is an icy, pale silvery/champagne.
- Junkshow is a hot pink with a bit of a bluish purple reflex.
- And MIA is a deep brown that is nearly matte, but not quite.
- Vanilla is a gorgeous icy white/gold that is perfect for a highlight in the inner corner.
- Omen is a light purple with a blue reflex.
- And ACE is a dark greyish blue.
- Flow is a peachy champagne, great for a lid OR highlight color.
- Evidence is a deep, shimmery royal navy.
- Blackout is the most pigmented, smoothest matte black I've ever witnessed. (It also makes me look uber-pale..which I kind of am.)
- Chase is a shimmery bronzey brown.
- Deep End is a bright aqua/teal blue.
- And Half Truth is a gorgeous purple with a slightly smokey cast.
I would recommend this palette to anyone in a heartbeat. I normally don't take the time to review or talk about a product that is already off the shelves, but this palette has captured my heart so much that I NEED to tell you guys how great it is. Their are a few for sale on eBay here, and if I were you - I would go straight there to pick this amazing palette up!