Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Oldie, But a Goodie | Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette


So, a long, long, LONG time ago (as in August of 2011...) Urban Decay made the most gorgeous, limited edition, beautiful palette I've ever really seen. I decided that instead, I would treat myself to the Naked2 palette because let's face it, back then, I was naive and only thought I needed one of these palettes. As if. 

By the time I came to my senses, the palette was sold out and not coming back. But then, a few months ago, my awesome friend Sarah decided to send me her 15th Anniversary palette. Now that it's discontinued, I didn't want to make a post...but you guys? It's so good I literally HAVE to post about it. I mean, I think it's a crime in all sorts of ways if I don't. If their is ANY way you can get your hands on this - eBay, Amazon, discount stores, etc - then do it without even thinking about it.



This palette is in a gorgeous, detailed box with purple studded 'UD' on the front. Inside, the box has a mirror on the top half of the palette (I would say lid - but I feel like that sounds weird?) and the eyeshadows are on the lower half of the box. You can take the eyeshadow tray out, and a beautiful purple velvet jewelry tray is below. I personally will do this only after I'm done using the palette, I would have no place to put the shadows now.

The pigmentation is so rich and fabulous, just as good as the Naked & Naked2 in my opinion. The colors are smooth and silky, and fabulously soft. I really, really love this palette! When used over primer, the shades last all day and stay vibrant, too!

I took my careful time swatching these colors just to show you how amazing they really are. All of these swatches are taken in natural light (by a big window) and are on bare skin. Yes, the vibrancy and pigmentation you see is NOT due to the effects of  a primer. Pretty amazing, right?




  • Midnight Rodeo is a really pretty caramel/cocoa color with sparse silver glitter in it. 
  • Tainted is a pale lavender with just a hint of golden shimmer. 
  • And Deeper is a really dark brown with a little bit of a golden shimmer or sheen to it. 





  • Midnight 15 is an icy, pale silvery/champagne. 
  • Junkshow is a hot pink with a bit of a bluish purple reflex.
  •  And MIA is a deep brown that is nearly matte, but not quite. 




  • Vanilla is a gorgeous icy white/gold that is perfect for a highlight in the inner corner. 
  • Omen is a light purple with a blue reflex. 
  • And ACE is a dark greyish blue. 




  • Flow is a peachy champagne, great for a lid OR highlight color. 
  • Evidence is a deep, shimmery royal navy. 
  • Blackout is the most pigmented, smoothest matte black I've ever witnessed. (It also makes me look uber-pale..which I kind of am.)




  • Chase is a shimmery bronzey brown. 
  • Deep End is a bright aqua/teal blue.
  •  And Half Truth is a gorgeous purple with a slightly smokey cast. 

I would recommend this palette to anyone in a heartbeat. I normally don't take the time to review or talk about a product that is already off the shelves, but this palette has captured my heart so much that I NEED to tell you guys how great it is. Their are a few for sale on eBay  here, and if I were you - I would go straight there to pick this amazing palette up!

28 comments:

  1. I just love how seriously pigmented Urban Decay eyeshadows are, I can't get enough of both the Naked palettes. This looks right up my street though absolutely gorgeous!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The naked palettes are awesome, awesome, awesome!

      Delete
  2. this is such a gorgeous palette, i am loving the swatches of midnight rodeo, midnight 15, flow and chase - gorgeous colours :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I knooow~ those are some of my favorite colors as well!

      Delete
  3. the colors are so vibrant! urban decay makes the best palettes.

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I have completely forgotten about this palette, I need to find this out to use again. Always loved Midnight Rodeo :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! It's so awesome! I love Midnight Rodeo, too. :D

      Delete
  5. I debated getting this for a while until it was finally sold out. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! Maybe try Ebay?

      Delete
  6. I skipped this one, mainly because of it's size and I had no idea where I'd store it, but the shadows all look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's a little big but I still love it :)

      Delete
  7. The pigmentation is amazing! Honestly, I wouldn't expect any less from Urban Decay when it comes to eyeshadows. They sure know how to do them well :) I am looking into purchasing their new Naked basics eyeshadow palette. I have seen a few swatches of the shades online and they look spectacular. A matte, neutral eyeshadow lover's dream :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh YES! Finally someone that wants the Naked Basics palette like me! Haha :) I'm forcing my bro to get it for me as my Xmas gift!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE the omen colour, gosh that is beautiful!! This is such an amazing palette <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I know! Omen is really nice!

      Delete
  9. Think I like the looks of Midnight Rodeo the most, but that's a really gorgeous palette!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  10. The colours all look so pretty & I love the packaging of this palette! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The packaging is so nice! xx

      Delete
  11. Really excellent swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm trying a new method for swatching :D

      Delete
  12. Ooh, I wanted to add that Chase was my favorite from this palette... if you have MAC All That Glitters try that on your lids with Chase in the crease - it's one of my favorite go-to looks that I can't do anymore LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I have All That Glitters...you gave it to me! :) I'll be sure to try that, it sounds like the perfect combo!

      Delete
  13. I own this too and I have to say it is my favorite product from UD to date. I got rid of most of my other UD palettes, and I have not even tried the Naked palette. This one is just LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my fave UD products too!

      Delete
  14. Oh wow your photos are amazing!!!! Urban decay should pay you to do their swatches. what camera do you use? I found you on "I Love My Post Bloghop #13 and am now following you I love you check out my blog sometime xxx Rose from "Milkymoles Makeup & Plus Size Musings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks so much, that's a huge compliment! I use the Canon A800 Powershot :) Thanks for following!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.