Monday, November 12, 2012

Cooking On Sunday - What I Made

What a lot of people don't know about me is that I love to cook. I like standing in front of the warm oven, mixing things & tasting them. I'm not an expert by ANY means, but I still really enjoy making food. :) Yesterday, I made a really nice meal with a few things I had really been wanting to try. I found all of these on Pinterest, & I am so happy I did! I also want to thank the bloggers who originally made these recipes The Purple FoodieRachel Shultz,  & The Little Teochew. All of the credit for these recipes goes to them & their amazing minds! :)


The main course was the chicken, named The Worlds Best Chicken. I don't know about you guys, but the worlds BEST chicken needed to be on my plate at least once. I really, really loved the way this turned out - I will absolutely make it again, it was pretty easy & had a delicious taste. All you need is 1 pound of chicken breasts, 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard, 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, 1/4 cup maple syrup, & rosemary.  First, mix together the syrup, vinegar, & mustard in a bowl. Then just toss the chicken into a baking dish & make sure to sprinkle salt & pepper on them to season them. Then, just pour the mustard mix over the chicken, the recipe says you don't even need to marinate because it's so flavorful! Bake the chicken for about 45 minutes using the oven at 425 degrees, & then season with Rosemary. That's it!


The next thing I made was the Garlicy Baked Fries. These were so, so amazing & I know for sure I will be making them again because they are so tasty! You will need 8 minced garlic cloves, 3 potatoes all cut into 12 wedges, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 pepper, 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, & 3 tbsp cornstarch. Mix together the olive oil & garlic, & warm it up for about a minute. Then, take 5 tbsp of the oil (not the garlic) & coat it on a baking sheet. Next, just heat up the potatoes in the bowl with the rest of the garlic mixture for about 4 minutes in the microwave. Don't forget to coat the bowl in plastic wrap - I almost did!  Then, combine the salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, & cornstarch into a bowl, then dump the mixture onto the potatoes.  Lastly, put the potatoes onto the baking sheet & bake them in the oven for 30-25 minutes, on 440 degrees F. 


And lastly, the Cheddar Cheese Muffins! These turned out amazingly well, & I absolutely want to make them with like......EVERYTHING now! All you need is a cup of milk,  a large, beaten egg, just a pinch of cayenne pepper, 3 tbsp of melted, then cooled butter, 1 tbsp baking powder, 1 cup cheddar cheese. 1/2 tsp salt, 1 3/4 cup flour, & 1 tbsp sugar. Preheat the oven to 340 F, & mix together the butter, cayenne pepper, egg, & the milk in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, & cheddar cheese. Then mix the two different mixtures together, the batter should be combined but lumpy because of the cheese. Then just spoon the batter into muffin tins & cook them for 20-25 minutes!




This meal was super awesome & I really loved every single thing I made. Again, ALL of the credit goes to those lovely bloggers because they made these awesome recipes in the first place! Be sure to check them out, & follow my Food board on Pinterest, too! :)  And follow my Tumblr - I've been using it a ton! 



18 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'll have to try these out. I made chicken stew and it was lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh stew sounds great! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh those garlic fries look amazing! I'll definitely be trying those! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were! They were amazing!!

      Delete
  3. Mmm, Might have to hop on a plane and have dinner at your house! Haha x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll need to try making everything! I always like new chicken recipes, chicken can get a bit boring, but 'Worlds Best' sounds and looks pretty great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! I totally agree, plain chicken can get boring - that's why I decided to try this one & I am so happy I did!

      Delete
  5. these look absolutely delicious. I will have to try the chicken and the garlic fries. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) i would really recommend you try them both!

      Delete
  6. Those look great! I love to cook too, I'll have to give these a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definietly should! :D

      Delete
  7. oh my I probably shouldn't have read this when I still haven't had dinner haha this looks delicious and healthy! wish I could be a decent cook eeek

    you have a lovely blog! following you from the walkabout blog hop and would love if you'd visit us at http://prettysquared.blogspot.com/

    Miranda M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was really delicious, re-reading this post makes me wish I had some right now!

      Delete
  8. OMG, I want some of those garlic fries now! That meal looks delicious! Maybe I'll make the fries tomorrow night. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were amazing!!

      Delete
  9. This looks so yummy! I am a sucker for a good chicken dish! I am your newest follower from the Walkabout Wednesday Blog Hop. Love for you to stop by and check out my blog!

    -Kristin
    http://www.meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll be sure to check out your blog! <3

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.