Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review: Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter "Peach Parfait"


I'm not going to go into too much detail about why I love Lip Butters so much, 
mostly since I review them & talk about them ALL the time! 
I'm serious, I own way too many to ever be considered normal. 
BUT, I will still give you a bit of background info on why Lip Butters are staple lip products to me. 

First of all, they don't dry out lips. I have really dry lips, & these don't cause them to be more dry. 
Granted, they don't really moisturize much either, but they do help a little. 
I guess I'm just happy that they don't leave my lips all cracky & icky like so many products do. 
Again, these aren't like a lip balm - they just don't moisturize that much, 
but they don't dry lips out either, & they do help a little bit. 

Next reason why I love Lip Butters is the packaging.
I love how they took the Revlon Colorburst lipstick packaging & made it more...cute. 
I like the quilted, frosted cap along with the little window at the top. 
The window allows you to see inside, so you can easily see the color. 


Pigmentation is not like a lipstick, but is a bit better than a regular tinted lip balm is. 
I don't know about you, but when I think the words tinted lip balm, I think of a really moisturizing, sheer lip product that gives just a BIT of color. 
Lip Butters aren't really like that at all. They moisturize a little, but not much. And the color isn't super sheer, it definitely gives me more color that I thought something called a Lip Butter would. 

Peach Parfait is not one of the super pigmented colors (like Red Velvet or Lollipop) but it does give more color than the nude shades - Creme Brulee & Creamsicle. 
I am totally in love with this color, too. It's  a gorgeous peachy pink color with golden shimmers in it. 
The one con with the shimmers is that they can feel slightly gritty/grainy when you put a lot on, but I honestly love this color too much to even care! 

Peach Parfait has  a way of lighting up the lips & making them more shiny & beautiful. 
I think that's because of the shimmer for the most part, 
but the shine helps too! Lip Butters are shiny with a capital S. 
They give a great non-greasy bit of shine to the lips, while still looking natural, too. 




Lip Butters really do feel like butter when you apply them. 
They go on smoothly, & feel so nice. 
As I've mentioned before, these Lip Butters never seem TOO soft though. 
For example, if it's a sunny, hot day & you leave your purse inside the car with your Lip Butter in it - it won't melt. Or if you go to use this Lip Butter & apply it with a little too much pressure, it won't fall apart. 
They are soft, but not too soft. 

Staying power is about 2 hours, & then the shimmers of Peach Parfait stay behind, just not the color. 
If you're not a fan of shimmery colors, I don't recommend this one. 
But then again - it's not frosty by any means, just shimmery! 



 Have you ever tried a Lip Butter?

18 comments:

  1. I looks very different on than in the tube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think? I think it looks pretty much the same ;-)

      Delete
  2. Oooh your lips look so pretty! I love the lip butters too. I seem to always want a new one. My latest one is Red Velvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I love Red Velvet, it's gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. It's such a pretty color, but I personally found it to be a little grittier than the others because of the shimmer :/ Still pretty, though! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I mentioned that, too - it is slightly gritty. But I honestly love the shade so much that I still use it anyway ;D

      Delete
  4. It looks really lovely! I need to get some Lip Butters. It's about time! :D

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do!! They are so lovely <3

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, what's a pretty colour <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still haven't tried any of Revlon's lipbutters simply because I can't decide which shade to go for :D I do like this shade but I think I'd prefer one without glitter as I hate glitter being stuck on my lips when the colour has faded already xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try one!!

      Delete
  7. I personally absolutely love this lippie~ It does have a certain brightening aspect and it just makes you look awake and illuminated. I particularly love this with a heavier eye since the color is pretty subtle! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think the shimmer causes it to look so pretty & bright on the lips. It's a great daily color ;D

      Delete
  8. I have peach parfait and cotton candy, love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have cotton candy too! It's really pretty (:

      Delete
  9. Anonymous2:55 AM

    Great post.
    Here is my site herbal supplements

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:29 AM

    This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I've shared
    your website in my social networks!
    Here is my web site http://se416origin.socialengine101.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.