Saturday, November 03, 2012

Review: Revlon Lip Butter 'Lollipop'



I bet this review doesn't come as a surprise to you, considering I've reviewed a lot of different shades of Lip Butters, and I've always been really happy with them, after I gave them a chance. This particular color was a gift from Sarah, a great friend of mine! Once again, I would really recommend going to check out her blog - she does really great posts and she has a baby on the way! Anyway, so I saw these pictures (taken in September!) in my 'To Blog About' file, so I figured I would review it today! 

Lollipop is a really gorgeous hot pink fuchsia color with a bit of a blue duochrome. The color is really gorgeous and it's not really similar to any other lip colors that I have in my collection. I have a  few colors that are the same shade, but none of them have the blue flash that Lollipop has. I normally don't go for this type of color, I think it just doesn't look good on me, like it does Kayleigh, but Lollipop has somehow proven me wrong. While I'm normally a bigger fan of light pink and red lip colors, Lollipop has actually grown on me a lot. I still don't reach for it (or anything similar to it) on a daily basis, but when I want a pop of color - I go to Lollipop. 



Lip Butters are not as pigmented as a lipstick, but most definitely more pigmented than the average tinted lip balms. They come in an overwhelming 20 colors (which I have 18 of!) and all of the colors range in pigmentation. Lollipop is not as pigmented as some of the other Lip Butters I've tried like Red Velvet, but it is more pigmented than a few of the ones I've tried like Creme Brulee. None of the colors disappointed me in pigmentation however, they all really surpassed my expectations because I didn't think they would have any more pigmentation than a tinted lip balm.


Staying power of Lollipop is about 2 hours, but I can't get any more than that. Some Lip Butters lasted even longer, for about 4 hours, but Lollipop faded away around the 2 hour mark every time I wore it. I don't mind reapplying, since Lip Butters are so creamy, though. They really do glide on your lips like butter, and Lollipop is no exception. Even though they are smooth and glide on, they aren't so soft that they melt if left in your pocket or the car on a sunny day, they have enough of a solid texture to keep them holding together through heat. 




The packaging is absolutely adorable as well. The cap is frosted and matches the color of the Lip Butter. Their is also a window at the top of the cap so you can see the color of the product inside, I find this really handy if you have more than one Lip Butter floating around in your bag. The price is around $8 which I really don't think is bad at all. I know some people are not so willing to pay that much, but I think the color selection, packaging, pigmentation, and smooth texture make Lip Butters a smart buy. 

In the end, I would absolutely recommend Lip Butters. I think Lollipop is a great bright, unique shade for going out or when you just want a pop of color. The smooth texture and nice pigmentation definitely did not disappoint me either. 

13 comments:

  1. Ooooooh!! I want this one!! Great review, Aly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous colour!

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I need to re-try lip butters. You know what - I have two; I will go see if I like them.

    Okay; I found them in the back of my 'not so favorite lip products drawer' lol.
    I am wearing 'Cherry Tart' on my lips right now; they feel weird almost like a plumping effect feel.
    I just may not like lip glosses at all... I am a huge lipstick fan and these feel more like a pigmented lipgloss to me.
    Does that make sense?

    Yeah; I am going to wear it for a little while; maybe it will grow on me! haha.
    hmmm... we will see!

    Great post! Oh && other beauty bloggers will totally understand the whole: "to blog about" file thingy! haha! :)

    talk to you soon!

    xo, Nykki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nykki!

      I really like Lip Butters, but the first one I had was not an immediate favorite to me either. These aren't really lip glosses, more like a tinted lip balm. I like lipsticks too, but I think that the more you wear these - the more you will realize how they are quite similar to lipsticks! :)

      Delete
  4. That's a nice shade on you. :D Have you tried a lip primer underneath it? Maybe it would last longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Halona :) I actually don't own a lip primer, I used to have one but I ran out :)

      Delete
  5. I've been on the fence so much about trying these, but this is a great review and Lollipop was one of the colors I really wanted, so I may have to buy it now! :)

    http://skinstuffbykaty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad it helped you! I really like Lollipop, & Lip Butters are just great products in general, too!

      Delete
  6. This shade looks especially pretty! I can't believe the lip butters are still not being sold in my country... :/

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that really sucks!! Maybe you could get them online?

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried this shade yet, but it looks gorgeous on your lips!! I totally love the Lip Butters!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.