Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Review: Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation 'Sand'


I heard such rave reviews from this from quite a few other bloggers, so I decided to pick it up at Target a few months ago. The price was only $3.99 - one of the cheapest drugstore foundations I've ever seen, but even though the price was cheap, I had high expectations. This foundation claims to make you look 100% poreless, & moisturize with vitamins A & E. Looking totally poreless is a HUGE claim, especially from a $4 foundation. But this product just didn't hold it up to it's crazy claims or my high expectations. 

The number one reasons why this let me down is that it doesn't cover up my pores at all. It honestly looks just like my skin looked before I put this foundation on. Their is pretty much no difference at all, & I don't even have very large pores. The pores near my nose are the largest pores on my face, everywhere else doesn't really have larger than normal pores. So I literally can't imagine what someone with large pores all over their face would think of this foundation! 

The next reason I was let-down is because this product has parabens in it. Parabens in a product don't make me 100% not buy the item, but they do make me feel a little on edge everytime I use them. Parabens are not a HUGE deal to me, but I know a lot of you guys never wear makeup with parabens, so stay away from this product if you want to stay paraben-free! I have read a few articles that say that parabens have never actually been proven to cause all of the problems people think they do, it's just what they expect - so no one really knows for sure, I guess. 



Another reason why this foundation left me disappointed is because the color looks like it would totally match me when it's in the bottle, but once applied to the face - it's too dark for me. It's not a huge color change, but it's enough for me to want to put a light powder over this foundation to help color-match a little bit. I just don't like how this looks like a great color on the bottle, but looks totally different once applied to the face. 

I do like the spatula applicator that it comes with because let's face it - foundations that you have to pour out of the bottle just suck. I personally prefer a pump over this spatula, but it's still not bad. The reason I would want a pump instead is that a spatula isn't very sanitary, if you're using it to apply the foundation. Whereas a pump is sanitary because it's not touching your skin. 



blended, swatched

You can tell by the picture above that once blended in, this foundation is slightly too dark for me. And you can see below that this does virtually nothing for covering up my acne, pores, or freckles. I found this really disappointing because the main claim for this product was that it would leave you 100 percent poreless and that just didn't happen. 

I'm confused as to why this is getting such good reviews because it literally does nothing for me. The finish is slightly oily on my skin, the color is totally different than what's in the bottle, it has no coverage at all, & the spatula is not sanitary. 


no foundation, with Rimmel Clean Finish - yeah, no improvement


In the end, I would not recommend this foundation at all. It did nothing for me! I'm wondering if maybe I'm different than everyone else because it seems to be working for many  people!

12 comments:

  1. I was not impressed with this foundation either. The lightest shade was too dark for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I was starting to think I was since so many people have been giving this foundation rave reviews.

      Delete
  2. Bummer that this foundation didn't work out for you, Aly :( I remember that I almost picked up this foundation as well a few months ago but, I put off trying it because I found the shade options to lean more neutral/pink. I like foundations that have somewhat of a yellow tone to them, to match my skin better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't get it - I think it would really let you down!

      Delete
  3. I like the concept of it having a paddle/wand in it, but obviously that's a bit useless if the product sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not just you. I had the same coloring problem. the bottle it looks super light and would match my skin. but when applied to my face it oxidants really fast and turns a bit organgy on my skin. the coverage was okay but no where near what it claims. so don't worry I feel the same disappointment as you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  5. You have no idea how happy you made me with this review. There's been tons of times where I saw this item and wanted to buy it and never did because of my skepticism. Thank you!!!

    New follower, follow back?

    www.simplyblushed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I'm glad I could help you out!

      Delete
  6. I have been curious about this foundation since i have also heard good things about it. I guess it works differently for everyone! I might gives this a try sometime, since it is pretty cheap. Maybe it will work differently for me? =3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you'll like it more than I do! It just doesn't seem to do anything for me Dx

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.