Thursday, November 22, 2012

Review: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder






Whew! Sorry I've been unintentionally gone for a few days, times have been so busy & kind of suckish so I'm just going to leave it at that! Haha :)

After seeing TONS of reviews on this little powder, I headed out to Target nearly a year ago to pick one up & try it for myself. I tried it, didn't like it, & then kind of forgot all about it. I only recently discovered it once I cleaned out my powder drawer, & I realized it was only fair for  me to give a review on this for you guys even if I wasn't pleased with it. I can't say I'm super mad at myself for buying it, because I was a whopping $4.50, so it's not  like I'm out much - but still, I expected more from this powder. I heard that it was keeping other bloggers skin totally matte ALL day, so I was pretty excited to try it. But it just didn't do that for me. 

I got 'Translucent' since I didn't want it to give any color to my skin, just help keep me matte. I have combination skin, dry on my cheeks & chin, oily on my forehead & nose, so I use a powder every day. This powder kept me matte at first, for about 2 hours I was pleased with it. But every time I wore it, it left me oily remarkably fast. In under 3 hours, my forehead was as shiny as can be - like I had never applied powder. I can get better staying power with my Mac MSFN & with my Physicians Formula powders, so I was disappointed. 

On top of the lackluster staying power, this powder doesn't even leave my skin  smooth or soft. Most powders make your face feel really smooth since you are applying something to keep oil at bay. But instead, this powder just felt like....skin. No  softness or silkiness added. I know that isn't the purpose of this product but still - it's something I've come to expect with powders, y'know? 

And the last thing that left me really let-down is that this powders packaging is kind of jaw-droppingly terrible. The lid comes off REALLY easily, if you leave it in your makeup bag or purse, it will come off easily & the powder can shatter, so good luck traveling with it!  

I just can't recommend this powder. I know it's cheap, so I'm not going to say 'At all costs, do NOT get this powder' because that probably won't satisfy your temptations. But if it were me, I wouldn't buy Stay Matte, it just does NOT keep me staying matte!

I hope you all are having an awesome thanksgiving, because all of you deserve it! I'm thankful for all of you guys, that's for sure!

:)

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the review. I almost bought this because of all the raves it gets but then I thought to myself "You already have powders you love, you don't need this."

    The only negative I had read before was, like you mentioned, that the lid didn't close properly.
    I'm glad I didn't pick this powder up. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Coco! I'm glad you didn't get it, because to be honest - their are about a billion other powders that function so much better!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for an honest review. Most people come on here and just rave about everything, and to be honest this is one of those products. I was thinking of trying it until this review. Thank you for saving me money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Natasha! I know exactly what you mean, so many bloggers just rave about things because other people do, but I try to be totally honest!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the honest review! I have this also but haven't tried it yet. I have super oily skin and like you said, heard rave reviews about this keeping skin matte all day. Now I'm not so sure I wanna try it :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't hurt to try it since you already have it, I hope you have better luck than I have!

      Delete
  4. I am sorry to hear that you aren't a fan of this powder, Aly :( I absolutely love it. It lasts hours on my oily skin. And the finish is lovely-not powdery or cakey looking. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you did too Alina! It's strange how quickly this left me oily, when it worked so well for you!

      Delete
  5. I have to agree 100% on you with this. I purchased this recently, tried it, and it was...meh. It made my skin matte for about...mmm...a couple of minutes xD
    It would have to use this a bunch of times during the day. And my skin isn't even that oily. I should probably do a review on this too. Only that I dropped my powder and it shattered into a million pieces D:<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I don't have super oily skin either, so it confuses me why it won't work well for us D:

      Delete
  6. I'm shocked some people don't like this powder... I would be using it in lieu of any other powder for sure if only it wasn't made by Rimmel. It probably just depends on skin type or something.
    I'm so sorry I haven't gotten to the post office to send you a package - I'm really proud of your no-buy success and I have this box going I literally add to all the time... it might get too heavy, LOL! Again, sorry, and I hope to surprise you with it soon (if I don't pop out the baby too early) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it worked better for me! Oh & don't worry about it! I am excited to get it though :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.