Saturday, December 08, 2012

FOTD: Come Along With Me, I'll Show You What It's Like to Be Free

Has anyone else had this song stuck in their head for like....ever? Me too! Most of the time, I hate the crap most radio stations play and I would much rather stick with the awesome indie bands I've grown so fond of...but this song by Vicci Martinez 'Come Along With Me' is just so amazing. And does anyone else think Cee Lo Green is just awesome in so many kinds of ways or am I the only one?

Anyway, back to the actual point of this post - sometimes inspiration strikes you late at night when you're trying to wait for George Lopez to come on. Most of my inspiration comes from other bloggers doing makeup looks, specifically Seana from Makeup by Seana. Her blog is amazing, and is a new favorite of mine. Anyway, I got to playing with  a few products I don't normally use and actually loved the final effect.

Because this was late at night, I had to take the pictures in my bathroom with it's crappy, artificial lighting - so I do apologize for that. But hopefully you can still see the makeup good enough :) Oh and you also can tell that I dyed my hair back to red! Whoo-hooo! I actually did this  a few weeks ago but haven't posted about it - my bad. :( I know in these pictures that the lighting makes it look more brown, but in lighting that doesn't suck you can see that it's a deep red color just like it used to be! :) I really like it, but I would like it to be just  a TAD more vibrant, so I'll probably re-dye it in a few weeks.

Confession - I photoshopped my zits :D


Products Used :

FACE:
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 'Light'
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer
- Benefit Hervana Blush
- MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural 'Medium'

EYES:
- Sleek Storm Palette (dark green, navy blue, shimmery white, lighter blue)
- KPalette Real Lasting Liquid Eyeliner
- LOreal Voluminous False Lashes Mascara
- LOreal Voluminous Kohl Eyeliner 'Black'
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- DUO Lash Glue & random Model lashes


Photobucket

LIPS:
- Mac Bubble Tea Plushglass


And here I am with my glasses on. Most people are surprised to know that I actually wear my glasses a lot of the time, I just hate to take pictures with them. But I like this picture anyway :)

Photobucket


 I'm going to go back to watching Duck Dynasty and eating food now :) That's what weekends are all about!


18 comments:

  1. Your eyes look amazing! I love those lashes, I usually go for the criss-cross style as well.

    Your glasses are totally cute! I've been obsessed with getting new frames lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) I love criss cross lashes, they make my eyes look huge! And I really like these frames, too - I feel like they fit me a lot better than my old glasses! They're huge and have a bit of a hipster vibe :)

      Delete
  2. Your eyelashes look so amazing! I have never tried false lashes before (gasp!) but those ones look great on you. Hope you're enjoying the weekend!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie!! I love falsies, but I only wear them for the blog, never in real life!

      Delete
  3. Very Pretty look. Those lashes look amazing on you! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your FOTD! Your frames suit you perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty look. Those lashes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love those lashes too :)

      Delete
  6. You look so pretty! Did you get a tan?! lol Anyway, it looks good on you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks :) I think it's just from the lighting and I'm trying to use this foundation up because it's a tad too dark. LOL, I wish I could get a real tan versus being so pale :)

      Delete
  7. You look lovely, Aly! I love the look, especially the lashes and the lip color!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Alina! I love that lip gloss :)

      Delete
  8. It looks so lovely and natural.
    I wonder if you would like to follow each other.
    I would also like to invite you to join my Christmas Giveaway
    http://glossylala.blogspot.gr/2012/12/christmas-giveaway-open-internationally.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lala, but unfortunetly I don't do follow for follow :(

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous lady!!
    Hehe I do the same with my glasses. I usually never take pictures with my glasses but I wear them about 50% of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy :) I wear my glasses a good 80% of the time!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.