Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Review: Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector "02"




Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been blogging daily like normal, December has been a crazy month for me and I'm definitely ready for winter break! Next Friday will be my last day in class for eleven days! That break could NOT come at a better time! Anyway, tomorrow I will be blogging about an awesome package one of my awesome blogger friends sent me, so look out for that :) And if I get super busy for some reason, I'll for sure have the post up by Thursday! Anyway, today is a review of a Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector. This shade is labeled as 02, but on the Clarins website, 02 is the Apricot one. I guess this peach one could be discontinued, but that's okay - because their are still some for sale on Amazon!

This was gifted to me by my friend Sarah, and I was really excited to try it! I've heard so much about these lip products, and both Tiffany and Jennie have great reviews/posts about them on their great blogs. Clarins claims these Lip Perfectors will moisturize, add color to the lips, and make lips appear more full.

The first thing I noticed was the awesome fragrance which at first smells like creamy, whipped vanilla with a little bit of a kick. Over time (and through like, dozens of times of sniffing it....) I've detected the 'kick' as some type of caramel scent, and mixed with the vanilla, it smells like a freaking delicious baked good. Not kidding you guys, it smells SO, SO good!

This particular color leaves a tiny bit of a peachy nude color on my lips, but it's not anything that is super bright, dark, or severe. In fact, I just sweep it on my lips with a swipe or two, and then I'm good to go for quite a while. You don't have to worry about touching up, because the color is so light, you would never be able to tell if it got on your teeth or outside the lip lines. Lasting power is around 2 hours, and when I do need to reapply, I don't even need to use a mirror - just swipe and go.

The packaging is smart and practical because you just squeeze the tube and it comes out onto the little sponge tip, ready to be applied to the lips. It doesn't take much of a squeeze to get a decent amount of product out, and I like this better than a doe-foot or brush applicator.

The texture is creamy and smooth, and feels milky on the lips. It's not sticky or clingy, and I sometimes forget I'm even wearing anything on my lips while I wear this. Overall, I would really recommend these Lip Perfectors. Even if you're not a fan of this color, they have  rose and apricot colored ones that both look great.  These cost about $20, and for the quality and delicious scent - I think that's quite a bargain! xo



10 comments:

  1. ooh this looks lovely :D this would be perfect for those days when i just want a hint of make up, thanks for sharing :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh it's great for that! Just adds a bit of color to the lips xD

      Delete
  2. This is a nice color. I have read nice things about this gloss. I must try one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll really like it, if you try them Alina! =)

      Delete
  3. I have this one in the pink. I love it. It's like wearing a lip balm with some colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The pink one looks really pretty :D

      Delete
  4. hmmmm....interesting. I have never tried any lip perfector that is why I am kinda interested in trying this one out. It seems like a good product to try out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I think you'll really like this if you try it, I really do!

      Delete
  5. I like that type of applicator, works way better than the typical plastic thing! I like how this is a squeezable tube too, and OMG, I can smell the scent from here ahah, totally my kind of smell from what you describe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would LOVE the scent, it's amazing :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.