Saturday, December 22, 2012

Review: Lime Crime Vegan Lipsticks in Mint to Be, Centrifuchsia, and Countessa Flourescent





Hey guys!  Today I have a review of a few Lime Crime lipsticks that Sarah gifted to me! I've only tried a few Lime Crime products in the past, but the few that I have had, really impressed me. Their Eyeshadow Helper is one of my ultimate favorite eyeshadow primers, and their Carousel Glosses come in such unique, awesome colors. So I was really excited to try these lipsticks!

All three of these lipsticks are super creamy and pigmented, and don't settle into the lines of the lips. They are super creamy and smooth, and they just need a swipe or two to have great opacity. They don't feel dry on the lips at all, but I do always put on lip balm before I use Countessa Fluorescent because it's SO bright, it can emphasize the dry flakes on lips. But otherwise, no complaints on the quality or pigmentation.

Mint to Be is a really opaque, creamy mint color that has no shimmer or glitter. This is obviously a dramatic shade that isn't something to be worn everyday, but I really love it anyways. Centrifuchsia is a really beautiful, vivid fuchsia pink color. This is the one I would wear most often because it's vivid, but still an everyday shade. And lastly is Countessa Fluorescent a bright bubblegummy pink with no shimmer or glitter.

The fragrance is similar to MAC lipsticks. It smells like whipped, creamy vanilla with just  a little bit of a soft, sweet scent added in. I really, really love the fragrance! They smell just like a cake, and to me, that's  a huge plus! I also really like the packaging. I know some people think it's cheap or tacky looking, but I think it's really cute. Lime Crime is all about fun colors that you don't normally see in makeup, so I really think the packaging is fitting to the brand.

Wear time is not super long for me, it's normally around 2 hours. I don't think that's terrible but it's not super good either. But I can overlook that because I love the colors, texture, and fragrance so much! I do wish these lipsticks were a little cheaper, though. They cost $15.99 and I would honestly rather have a MAC lipstick, which are about $1.50 cheaper. If Lime Crime lowered the price to $10-$12, I would be more likely to purchase their lipsticks. But overall, I really like these lipsticks and would recommend them. The texture, pigmentation, color selection, fragrance, and packaging are all super awesome. The only things I wish would be improved are the staying power, and the price should be lowered a little bit.

20 comments:

  1. I want to try their lipsticks. The packaging is super cute. That would be great if they lowered their prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I agree, if they lowered their prices, I would be more likely to repurchase.

      Delete
  2. "Mint to be" looks absolutely gorgeous!! I've been dying to try their products for a long time but they're pretty expensive sadly.. especially when shipped overseas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Mint to Be! Yeah I mentioned the prices in the last paragraph, it would be awesome if they lowered their costs!

      Delete
  3. hmm...thinking about trying these out but dont know where I can find them around here...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lime Crime isn't sold in stores, it's only sold at http://limecrimemakeup.com :)

      Delete
  4. I want these lipsticks for the packaging alone, it's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the packaging :)

      Delete
  5. The mint one is so cool! I would love to see it on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try to update this post with swatches on my lips later on, since they are so dry right now :)

      Delete
  6. Haha they're so funny, totally remind me of my childhood when I wanted to be a princess :)
    I'm a new follower of your blog, follow back? :)

    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following!!! :) I'll be sure to have a look.

      Delete
  7. I have always wanted to try there lipsticks there colours are so funky and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They have such pretty colors :)

      Delete
  8. I would love to try the lime crime lipsticks!.

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I personally really love LC lippies. I think they are quite similar to MAC and MAC is a bit cheaper. But I just love the packaging of LC!!! Hehe. I also like the fact that they stain my lips because it is like a lipstick + a lip stain :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fact they stain lips!
      And the packaging ~ sooo cute!

      Delete
  10. Just recently came across your blog, pretty much reading a little bit everyday :) I just had to comment on the adorable little hearts for your swatches in this post! I think your reviews are great, as well as your other posts :) I'm over at steffachino.blogspot.com if you're ever interested, I blog very infrequently though. I mostly read blogs, like I will continue to do with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just recently came across your blog, pretty much reading a little bit everyday :) I just had to comment on the adorable little hearts for your swatches in this post! I think your reviews are great, as well as your other posts :) I'm over at steffachino.blogspot.com if you're ever interested, I blog very infrequently though. I mostly read blogs, like I will continue to do with yours! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.