Monday, December 17, 2012

Review: MUA Heaven and Earth Palette




You might remember when my friend Sarah from Life in a Break Down sent me the MUA Undressed Palette and I did a comparison between it and the Urban Decay Naked palette (you can see that here). A few weeks ago, Sarah also sent me the Heaven and Earth palette from MUA, and I was super excited to try it since you can't get MUA here in the US! It was Sarah's little Christmas present (:

The pigmentation and color selection are both really nice. The colors are all very pigmented, and didn't need any primer or base underneath them for the swatches. Just a swipe or two has great color payoff, and their is no need to layer more eyeshadow on, since these are so pigmented. The colors are all in the neutral family, but you get a great selection of shimmery light and shimmery dark colors. Their aren't any matte shades, so if you like matte eyeshadows, this palette might not really be your thing.

Most of the eyeshadows are smooth and creamy and are really nice to work with. Just a few of the colors were  a little drier in consistency and not so easy to blend or work with. None of them were a huge problem though,  and I actually really like all of the colors for the most part.

Staying power is just as good as the Undressed palette - all day with a primer or base, about 5-6 hours with no base. I don't have a problem with these eyeshadows and how long they stay on, they actually last a lot better than most of the cheaper eyeshadows on the market.

Overall I would absolutely recommend these eyeshadows. A few of the colors were a little dry and hard to work with, but 90% of the palette is filled with beautiful, creamy, easy to work with eyeshadows that are super pigmented and look super gorgeous when applied!


22 comments:

  1. I love all the neutral colours in this palette. Great investment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! The colors are very pretty.

      Delete
  2. i wish we had these in the US! the mua palettes always look amazing.

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It would be awesome if MUA was sold here!

      Delete
  3. This is one of my favorite palettes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I do too (:

      Delete
  4. What a great palette! I love the versatility of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's got a great range of colors from light to dark, super versatile :D

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favourite palettes ever! Such a good value and I love every colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy it, too!

      Delete
  6. I love the look of this palette, I may have to get it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really enjoy it!

      Delete
  7. These are nicely pigmented. I just love neutral shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! They are so easy to pull off <3

      Delete
  8. It looks gorgeous. I used a couple of MUA things when I lived in the UK and I'm so sad not to be able to get them in the US!

    xx Ellie
    www.ellalogy.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that would suck to be used to having them and not be able to get them! :(

      Delete
  9. I would definitely choose this over the Naked Palette anytime for sure! Such a shame it's not available in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the quality of Urban Decay, just because the shadows are never unblendable or crumbly, and a few of the ones in this MUA palette are. But nevertheless, this is still an awesome bargain!

      Delete
  10. Love the look of this palette really wan't to try it.

    pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great palette!

      Delete
  11. I love this palette so much, all the shadows are such good quality for the price! Great post & lovely swatches! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.