Thursday, December 20, 2012

Review: Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadows 'Stella', 'Asylum', and 'Decora'


Hey everyone! Here's a review and swatch post of my three Sugarpill Chromalust Loose Eyeshadows, that my friend Sarah recently sent to me! I have three colors, Stella, Asylum, and Decora and I'm hoping to get a few more - hopefully Goldilux and Lumi after seeing Mandy's swatch post! Sugarpill offers 18 shades of Loose Eyeshadows, and they are $12 per jar. Also, I'd like to mention that you get a LOT of product in one jar so you get a lot more product for your money than a lot of other indie, loose eyeshadows from other companies. (Sugarpill Loose Eyeshadows are packed by weight). 

Stella: 
Described as: "The blackest of jet blacks, bursting with rainbow diamond sparkle."
My thoughts: I really like Stella.  I think it's a great color, that slightly reminds me of Supernova from Glamour Doll Eyes, but not quite as dark. I really love the way that it really does burst with sparkles of other colors, but I don't think it's jet black like the description says, it's more of a grey, smokey black to me. 

Asylum: 
Described as: "Shiny sexpot red with dramatic sparkle"
My thoughts: Out of the three, Asylum is the most unique because it's totally vegan, and a lot of reds aren't, since they have carmine in them. I like this color a lot, but it's not something I'd wear everyday, since I just don't think red eyeshadow will ever be totally flattering on me.

Decora: 
Described as: " Delicious hot pink with iridescent bursts of green"
My thoughts: This shade is the one that I'll probably wear most. The color is such a fun bright, bubblegummy pink with the most gorgeous blue/green sparkles. I love the pigmentation too, a lot of light pinks tend to not have much color payoff, but Decora really does. 



The pigmentation on all three of these was just super, super amazing. The above swatches were taken on totally bare skin, no primer or base underneath, and you can see that they are totally vivid and bright. I am super, super pleased with the pigmentation on all of these, especially Stella because so many black shadows tend to be dry and chalky with practically no pigment, but not Stella!

All three of these shadows are super smooth and silky and not dry at all. Some loose eyeshadows can be really dry, but Sugarpill's definietly aren't like that. They go on the eyes super smoothly, and blend out super easily. They're a real joy to work with! They don't settle into fine lines on the eyelids, or leave harsh lines when you try to blend them, they are super easy to work with and make such awesome eye looks!




All three of these colors are vegan and cruelty free, and the whole Sugarpill line is cruelty free as well. 

Overall, I really like these eyeshadows and can't recommend them enough. The colors and pigmentation are super amazing, and I was really surprised with how much I really love these. I will absolutely buy more colors soon, I think the $12 price tag is  real steal now that I've tried them and see why they get so many rave reviews. 

6 comments:

  1. Great pigmentation! I just don't like to use loose shadows very often. I find there's a lot more fall out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love loose eyeshadows :) I find that they generally have MUCH better pigmentation than pressed shadows!

      Delete
  2. These are so gorgeous! I love Stella and Decora.
    Like Natasha though, I find I don't use my loose eyeshadows very often as they're so messy :/

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those two, too :)
      I find that these shadows actually don't end up having much fallout at all, just have to be careful!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh~ These are so preeeetty! <3
    I have yet to try these but they have been on my wish list for some time now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were on my wishlist for forever!
      :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.