Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Review: Too Faced Natural Face Palette



Hey girls! As you can tell, this month has been a bit of a slow blogging month for me. I've been busy, midterms are literally a few weeks away, and my motivation for sitting down and typing up a blog post every day is dwindling away. But, I still love blogging very much, I'm just not into posting everyday. To cheer myself up and to reward myself from all of my midterm studying, I picked up my new Klu by Curtis 7 inch TABLET yesterday at hhgregg! I really, really love it! And this doesn't fit into the 100 Day Challenge because it's not  a beauty item and because it's my Christmas gift to myself :)


I've wanted this palette for what felt like ages, so I was super excited when my friend Sarah gave it to me. This palette costs $39 at Sephora or the Too Faced website, and it comes with everything you need for your face makeup besides foundation or powder. I think it's a pretty smart idea for a palette because you can have everything you need in one palette, instead of using tons single blushes, concealers, highlighters, and bronzers like we all usually do. It also would be great for travel because you have nearly all the face makeup you need in this single palette.




The packaging is adorable, but when isn't Too Faced packaging cute? The outside of the palette is a beautiful, girly and romantic design. It's soft, lacy pink in color with gold accents. The model on the front has the most beautiful gold/champagne eye shadow on, and the inside of the palette is even prettier! As with all of these Too Faced palettes, you get a mirror on the top half, with a slot of cards behind it. The three cards house possible makeup looks using the products in the palette. And then on the lower half, you the gorgeous makeup!

This palette comes with a bronzer, creme blush, powder blush, concealer, luminizer, and a brightener.

Yes, you do see Santa (:
 Bronze veil: I don't mind this product. It's not my favorite, but it's also not bad. The pigmentation is nice and although it looks too light and shimmery, once it's applied - it actually works pretty well. I kind of wish they  put Chocolate Soleil in here instead since it's my absolute favorite bronzer, but then again - I do already have the full sized and a small size of Chocolate Soleil so I guess it's nice to have a change of pace with Bronze Veil. Overall, no complaints.

Creme Blush: This color is actually not something I would buy for myself because it looks too dark for my light skin tone. But in the end, once I tried it, I was quite happy with it. It's super pigmented and just a swipe gives you a nice bit of color, and the color is actually really pretty. It's a deep pinkish mauve, that looks very dark when you first swatch it, but blends in easily and actually works on light skin tones like mine.

Powder Blush: This is one of my favorite things in this palette because it's pigmented and a color I would TOTALLY buy for myself in a heartbeat. The color itself is a peachy pink with subtle shimmer, kind of like NARS Orgasm, but it doesn't have as much gold shimmer. It's pigmented and looks natural, and although it has shimmer, it's not glittery looking on the cheeks at ALL. This is one of my favorite types of blushes because it's a gorgeous color that is light enough for me to not worry about it looking clownish on my pale skin.



Concealer: Ehhhhh, not feeling it, to be honest. This shade is a little too dark for me, especially for under my eyes, because I like to use a shade of concealer a little lighter underneath my eyes to brighten them. The color has  a yellowy orange tone that just doesn't work with my skin tone. And it doesn't blend out super well either, it slightly creases through out the day and it just didn't leave me impressed. In fact, if we were on twitter right now, I'd be pulling a Mckayla Maroney and say I'm just #notimpressed.

Luminzer: This one's iffy. It's nice quality and I love the shimmer running through it, but it's just not something that made my holy-grail list. I don't use it all too often, and when I do - I have to make sure I blend it out enough because (although I love highlighters) it's a little too disco-ball for me. But overall, it's a great product just not my person preference. 

Brightener: This is similar to what I thought for the concealer. It's okay, I guess, but just not totally worthy of my approval. It doesn't always blend in very nicely and to be totally honest, even when I use this palette - I often overlook it. It's just not good enough for me. 

Final verdict: I really like the blushes and bronzer in this palette, they really impressed me and I keep using them. The Luminzier is great quality and I recommend it, it's just not my personal preference for a highlighter. But the Concealer and Brightener were a straight-up disappointment. They are creasey, don't blend in well, and just aren't very good quality. Overall, I would recommend this palette, but I'm not entirely sure that it's really worth the $39. 

12 comments:

  1. I really like the bronze veil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool! It has all the things you need to get a nice complexion~ The powder blush is so lovely <3
    Good luck with school Aly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy :) I like the blush too!

      Delete
  3. Lovely palette, what a nice gift! The blushes are lovely shades and the luminizer looks pretty too! Very nice and a great review!

    www.allthatslap.com

    Grace xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. The palette looks great, such nice shades!!

    http://beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the shades, too - for the most part!

      Delete
  5. I really liked the results I got when I followed the cards included, but yeah I found the creams to be creasey :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still a great palette though! :D

      Delete
  6. Those colours are actually amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're back! Are you going to start your blog up again?

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.