Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A Heart to Heart

my little corner of Ohio 

I can't believe it's January. I can't believe it's 2013. I can't believe I go back to classes tomorrow! I'm realizing now that time really can fly by, despite how slow it sometimes feels. My mom used to always tell me that time flies by once you get older, but I never believed her! Yesterday I told her she was right...finally! I can't believe how bad but good 2012 has been for me. In one day, I have been able to see how strong I really can be. But in another way, (maybe a bigger way) I've been hurt in more ways than I ever thought possible. Close friends of mine have passed away, my kitty passed away, and things just seemed to always be going wrong.

One thing I have learned last year that no one can ever take away is how proud of myself I am. I beat myself up alot over the small stuff, and sometimes I just worry too much, or my anxiety kicks into overdrive and I'm left thinking 'What if?'. What if we all could take risks without worrying about the consequences? What if we all could just be ourselves without the fake crap we all pull? What if we could all find a soulmate, and never worry about if we will or not? What if our friends never passed away? What if we were eternal?

Late at night when I'm trying to get to sleep, I think about those things alot. I play the What If game in my mind, thinking about the things that COULD happen, but probably never will. And one that seems to come up a lot for me is 'What if I just stopped being afraid? I'm always so afraid.' As humans, we fear a lot of things. Humiliation, water, spiders, ghosts in the closet, people being cruel, and so many other things we will never admit to. What if we could just do the things we wanted to, because we wanted to? We wouldn't worry about being scared or if the end result will impress people or not.

Like I said, I was hurt  a lot this year in all kinds of ways. In a way, I was in a very dark place and to be honest, maybe I still am. But I'm seeing the light, and in no way, shape, or form will I ever give up because of anything anyone says, does, or tries. No one can stop me, because I am my only obstacle. The battles we fight, are really just in our minds. The things we fear, are really not all that real. We need to open up, to depend on each other, and to stop stressing over every last detail.

We are all people. We all live in fear of things. So, what got me thinking was....if we can't take chances, risks, and do things we're not sure of....what's the point of living? What's the point of life if we're not living it? 2012 was hard, and some areas of it were very,very, bad. My anxiety increased, I lost 2 close friends, and I was just...in a big rut. The rut was that I kept being afraid of things. Afraid of humiliation, afraid of fear, afraid of everything. But if we can't take an extra step past that fear, what else do we have to live for?

This past year has shown me how bad things can get, and how good things can be. In 2013, it's going to be my year. I'm going to accomplish the things I want to....when I want to. I'm brave enough to say that it will be possible, but I'm realistic enough to say that it will be tough.

I've learned  a lot in 2012 - mostly that I want 2013 to be better.

14 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post <3 I wish you a fantastic 2013 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bex <3 I hope you & Jack have a great 2013! He's so adorable :)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck in the new year! Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha :) I ended up staying home today with a stomache ache, but I'll head back tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful post! I wish you the best of luck on all of your goals in the new year, I bet you'll accomplish every single one! And so true, never left anyone take away how proud you are of yourself, and you should be really proud!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bree :)
      I can totally agree, being proud of yourself is something no one can take away from you. I am proud of myself, but I'm hoping to overcome even more things, hopefully this year I can conquer my anxiety.

      Delete
  4. This was so touching <3
    I myself play the "what if" game a lot. I am also in my head most of the time playing scenarios of how my life could go. I think I do this too because I am afraid of taking risks in my life. But your right. Nothing will ever be done if I never take action and I'm afraid of getting out there. I am with you, 2013 will be different. I want to stop being afraid and start living life to its fullest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy :)
      The What If game is such an evil cycle. I know exactly how you feel, I make up scenarios in my head all the time, mostly me doing gutsy things (the things I WANT to do) because I'm too fearful to do them in real life. But I agree with you, 2013 will be different. We can embark on this journey together <3

      Delete
    2. Yes! <3
      It is usually easier when you have other who understand you and go through the same things.

      Delete
    3. Exactly! And if we need any advice, we can do to each other! <3

      Delete
  5. This was such a lovely post to read, I truly hope you have the best 2013 possible <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennie <3
      I wish you an amazing 2013 as well.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely post. Good luck, think strong - you have a huge community of support here :)

    xo,
    Lela - www.lelaLONDON.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lela <3 This blog & community has helped me through a lot!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.