Thursday, January 10, 2013

Comparison Between All 3 Naked Palettes! {Swatches}


Hey everyone! My ultimate favorite eyeshadows would have to be Urban Decay, specifically from their Naked Palette line. What started out as one awesome palette, somehow became  a whole line of three AMAZING palettes! I totally understand that not everyone has the money or even the desire to own all three of these palettes, so I decided to show you pictures and swatches of all three in one, convenient post so you can decide if you want one, which one, and what colors you can expect from it! :)

First up is the original Naked palette!


What I love about this palette is the fact that I love every single color so, so much. Normally in a palette, their are shades that are your favorites, and shades that you don't use very much. But I can honestly say that every single color in this palette has been used dozens of times! The colors are so buttery and smooth, and could not be any more pigmented!

Virgin - slightly shimmery off white
Sin - shimmery peachy champagne
Naked - cool toned, light matte brown
Sidecar - shimmery cocoa with silver sparkle
Buck - matte, deep brown
Half Baked - shimmery metallic golden bronze
Smog - medium, chesnut brown with shimmer
Darkhorse - dark brown with golden shimmer
Toasted - rose gold with shimmer
Hustle - eggplanty purple/brown
Creep - charcoal with shimmer
Gunmental - Bluish grey with shimmer

Next is the Naked2!


What I love about this palette is the fact that you still get great neutrals just like in the original Naked, but this time around - you get gorgeous, COOL toned neutrals, instead of warm ones. I love the taupes and purples in this palette SO, so much! I use this palette all the time, and not a single color in here is neglected by me, I seriously adore every single one.

Foxy - matte yellowy white
Half Baked - shimmery metallic golden bronze
Bootycall - Shimmery pink/white
Chopper - Shimmery peachy tan
Tease - matte mauve
Snakebite - Shimmery medium brown
Suspect - Brownish taupe with shimmer
Pistol - Smokey grey
Verve - Shimmery silver
YDK - Pinkish mauve with shimmer
Busted - Deep purple
Blackout - Matte black

And lastly, Naked Basics!

This palette is so everyday appropraite, I can't help but rave about it. It's so tiny and cute (smaller than my iPod touch!) and houses so many amazing colors for everyday. All of them are matte except for Venus, which is a way of compensating for so few matte shades in the Naked and Naked2. Honestly? This is such an amazing palette for everyday eye  makeup looks!

Venus - Slightly shimmery white
Foxy - Matte yellow toned highlight
Walk of Shame - Matte pinkish white
Naked 2 - matte taupe
Faint - matte dark brown
Crave - Totally matte black

Swatches of the Naked Palette $50




Naked 2 $50



Naked Basics $27



So, what do I recommend? I think that if you like mostly shimmery (with the occasional matte) warm shades, the original Naked palette will be great for you. It has 2 matte shades (Buck and Naked) and 10 shimmery shades, so if you like shimmer but not ALL shimmer - it's quite perfect. Most of the shades are warm-toned so it would look great if you have a warmer complexion or just favor warm colors.

If you like mostly shimmery (with the occasional matte) cool shades, the Naked2 palette will work for you! It  has 3 matte shades (Foxy, Blackout, and Tease) and 9 shimmery shades. Most colors are cool toned so it would work for you if you just like cool toned colors better, or have a cool undertone to your skin.

And if you prefer mostly matte, everyday colors - the Naked Basics will work perfectly for you! 5 shades are matte, one has a slight shimmer for highlighting (Venus). The colors are all perfect for everyday and are so easy to wear.

With all of the palettes, you get great pigmentation, blendability, color selection, and awesome staying power. If I'm honest, these are my favorite eyeshadows, so it's worth it for me to have them all. Their will be some people that just don't NEED them all, so I hope that those people will follow my above recommendations :)

23 comments:

  1. great review! I have the 2 palettes and contemplating on whether I NEED the Naked Basics or not. I mostly wear matte shadows and think the Naked Basics will fit me well and it is such a cute little compact palette. Will be perfect for traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the Naked Basics palette is awesome, and it's quickly becoming a nessecity for me. Of course you don't NEED it, but I think you would really enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. loved this post! I have both the Naked1 and 2 and i adore them both - i conviinced myself i didnt need the basics palette - but by heck! i think i do.. ;) I love the Naked2 palette - i think i favor the cooler tones slightly - although i love the 2 matte brown shades in Naked Original.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! I think the Naked2 is such an awesome palette, and YES - those two matte brows are my lifesavers! Especially Naked =)

      Delete
  3. Great comparison! I have the original Naked palette which I use every day ~ I love it! I would like to get my hands on the Naked Basics though, I think it would be great for travelling as well so it is so compact :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne! I love the Naked too, I think you would really love Naked Basics! It's really such an exceptional palette.

      Delete
  4. I agree, I prefer the original as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the original, but I honestly wouldn't call it my favorite :) I don't think I could choose a favorite!

      Delete
  5. Awesome comparison! I have the original Naked palette, and didn't really think I needed the second version, but the more I see it, the more I kind of want it! Tease looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bailey! I think Naked2 would fit you great since it has a few warm shades, and a lot of cool ones. And yes, Tease is so beautiful!

      Delete
  6. i love love love the naked 2 palette but really want to try the naked basics one for some matte alternatives, i also saw that they are releasing a naked basics blush palette in the summer!! cannot wait :D
    http://www.thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The Naked2 is so awesome :) And you'd love Naked Basics! Oh and yeah, i heard about Naked Flushed, I think it's for sale now?!

      Delete
  7. Wow this is a really awesome post! For someone like me who doesn't own a Naked palette, it makes deciding which one I want to get a lot easier! Thanks for sharing! :)

    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie! I think you would love any of these palettes, it just depends on what you want! They are all exceptional quality :)

      Delete
  8. I loved reading this post Aly! Thankyou for putting swatches of all 3 palettes, they are all SO pigmented like you said, I really want to save up for them all! I think I will get the basics one the now as I usually use matte shades but after I have purchased that one I know fine that I will want the other 2! I hope you have a wonderful day:)! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the post and swatches! I think the Basics will work great for you! xx

      Delete
  9. Urban Decay eyeshadows are ah-mazing! I'm totally in love with my original Naked palette.

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Sandra! The original Naked will always be a favorite for me, so beautiful and it's what started this whole craze!

      Delete
  10. There is absolutely no way I am spending that much money on ANOTHER eyeshadow palette, but if I had to choose, I would definitely go for the Naked 1 since I prefer warm shades, and I'm not a fan of mattes. Great comparison, I love posts like these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Gaby! :)

      Delete
  11. i want all of them!!! :D

    http://blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all so awesome Ke!

      Delete
  12. I own the original Naked palette and was debating on buying one of the other two.
    Your swatches in this post are really useful and I think the Naked Basics palette will be next on my list!
    Great comparison!

    danielletc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.