Friday, January 04, 2013

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette




Venus in inner corner, Faint in crease, Naked2 on lid - yes that is mascara on my eyelid. *so classy* 
Sometimes when I see a product, I think that I just don't really need it. Other times, I think 'Oh my gosh, I HAVE to have that!'. And if I have to have it, then I HAVE to have it. I obsess over it, and spend my time pouring over countless reviews of the product, and scouring for the best deal. Like this palette. My excuse for wanting was 'Well, I have the other two - why not complete the collection?'. Yeah it's sad, but true. So when Christmas came along, my brother was instructed (by me, of course) to go to Urbandecay.com, find the Naked Basics palette, MAKE SURE IT'S IN STOCK, and add that sucker to your online cart. Sure enough, Christmas morning - the beauty of a palette sat before me, ready to be unwrapped.

So long, long, long, LONG story short - I've got my hands on this palette and I really am never letting go. You know that feeling when you buy a product and it's just right for you? Nothing is wrong with it, nothing  makes you dislike it, it just feels like it was made for you? That's how I feel about this palette. The colors are just so easy to wear, so easy to apply to the eyes and make a beautiful, put-together look in 5 minutes, when it looks like you had taken over an hour blending and making sure the look was perfect. I love me some shimmer shadows, but I don't have many mattes (and I really do like them) so a collection of five mattes, and one perfect highlighting shade with subtle shimmer just seemed ideal for me.

The packaging is a winner for me, and I really love the fact that it's so small and portable - in fact, it's just a tad smaller than my iPod touch! The one thing I dislike about the Naked and Naked2 palettes are that they are just too long to fit into a regular makeup bag, but Naked Basics is totally small enough to easily fit into pretty much any makeup bag!

The colors are so pigmented and gorgeous, they really are perfect eyeshadows. The colors glide onto the lids so easily and really stay put so well! I use them over MAC Painterly Paint pot & UDPP most days, and I've never had a problem with creasing, fading, smearing, or smudging - such, such perfect eyeshadows! I've always been a fan of UD eyeshadows, I have the Naked, Naked2, and 15th Anniversary palettes, and I really  love them all. So I expected no less than perfection from this palette, and that's just what I got. I know  many bloggers are raving about this palette, and have reviews far superior than mine (specifically Estee, Allison, and Sophia), so I won't even try to compare to them. What I will say is that you're a matte shadow lover, Urban Decay lover, or just an eyeshadow lover in general, this palette may be real perfection to you. BUT, some of the colors COULD be easily dupe-able if you have eyeshadows piled up in every color of the rainbow, or if you have the Naked & Naked2 palettes.

Foxy was in the Naked2 palette, but that's the only repeat. Venus is very similar to Bootycall from the Naked2 or Virgin from the original Naked, but it is still a touch different. Walk of Shame, Naked2, and Faint aren't really similar to anything I can think of. And Crave is just  a matte black, like Blackout from the Naked2 or Creep from the original Naked, minus the shimmer. Granted, having all six of these shades in one palette makes it a whole lot more convenient. Realistically, you don't need this palette, especially if you have a lot of neutral shadows. But, it's so just so convenient, and I've reached for it so much! I really love it, and it's becoming a necessity for me, but again - if you have a ton of neutrals, you might find this palette very dupe-able.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this palette existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? It's been all over the blog world lately =)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It really is! It's a new favorite :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! I want this! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! I think you'd really enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. urban decay has the best eyeshadows!

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review this looks lovely I want it do bad.

    Pocockins.blogspot.com
    Sophie
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a lovely palette <3

      Delete
  6. I recently run this in a giveaway can not wait to get it. Look lovely on you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll love it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.