Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie To Reflect Shimmer Palette in 'Rose Champagne Glow'





So, about a week ago, I wandered aimlessly into Walgreens, and of course had a look at the beauty aisles. I came across the new Fergie collection for Wet n Wild, and was pretty excited to have a look. I'll admit that some of the products didn't excite me, the eyeshadow palettes looked like colors I already had, and most of the nail polishes looked similar to shades from the regular Wet n Wild line. But the To Reflect Shimmer Palettes were definitely something new and exciting from Wet n Wild, so I decided to get the color 'Rose Champagne Glow', which is a gorgeous highlighter meant for all over the face. These  palettes cost $5.99, which is definitely not expensive - but more than the normal Wet n Wild prices, for sure. 

The packaging is a little bulky and bigger than it needs to be, but that's not a bad thing since it means that you get a lot of product for the money. The actual product is a lovely pinky champagne color that really does light up the skin. I'm a huge fan of highlighters, and I have dozens and dozens (yeah, it's an addiction), and this isn't my ultimate favorite, but it's definitely not bad. The color is great for a lot of skin tones, it's not too light that it would look stark on dark skintones, or too dark that it wouldn't blend into light skintones well. It actually would work for pretty much any skintone, and the color blends in really well. 

It's definitely one of those products that looks natural, but not like it's totally natural, if that makes sense. I guess what I'm saying is that it doesn't look like a  disco ball on your face or anything, but you can tell that it's not just the sun naturally hitting on your skin, if that makes sense. The color is natural and pretty, but I think the shimmer factor makes it look not quite as natural as some highlighters that have less shimmer and more of a 'glow' to them do. Staying power is average, not all day on my combo skin, but I can get a good 5-6 hours of wear. The texture is finely milled and soft, but you don't get much fallout at all if any. 

Overall, I would recommend this power. It's a good multi-tasker for the eyes, cheekbones, or anywhere else on the face, and the color is pretty and unique. The price is a little more than I would want to pay from Wet n Wild, but I guess it's okay since you're basically just paying for Fergie's name. The packaging isn't the best, but it stays secure and that's the most important thing. I won't say this is holy-grail or a must-have for me, but it's really nice and I've been reaching for it often! 


15 comments:

  1. I picked one of these up this month and I love it :) It's nice to have a buildable product to wear day or night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think it's really nice to use for day or night, too!

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I've been wanting to try these too :)
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd really like it if you try one :)

      Delete
  3. I was intrigued by these but I have SO many cheek products that I really don't need any more. Did you check out the lipsticks? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept thinking that too, but bought it anyway ;) And no, I haven't tried the lipsticks! Maybe I'll go back and pick one up!

      Delete
  4. That is so pretty! I've been loving highlighters recently and don't have any with a "pinky" tinged to them so I think you've convinced me to go out and take a look at this! I don't mind the unnatural/natural shimmer as I have one highlighter that's just packed with glitter bits, hah! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I would definietly check it out then! It really is a great little product!

      Delete
  5. I honestly might just buy this 'cause it looks pretty in the packaging haha:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristen! Yeah I agree, that's what reeled me in, too :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like this would make a great highligher. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this and am giving one away in my 500 follower giveaway :D
    http://thelilywhiteenglishrose.blogspot.com/2013/01/exciting-news-500-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you love it too!! :)

      Delete
  8. Small bits of content which are explained in details, helps me understand the topic, thank you!


    Electrical repair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.