Monday, February 18, 2013

Review: Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara



Before & After

Hi guys! I hope you've all had a nice weekend, and I'm returning today to share a review with you all, on the Maybelline Mega Plush mascara. I've actually had this mascara for a long time, I'm not even going to lie - but I'm finally ready to review it! I'm a bit of a mascara junkie and layer like, five, everyday to get the look I want - so let's see if this mascara gives me what I'm looking for!

I actually really do like this mascara, but it's not perfect. It's not one of those mascaras that I would consider to be all I need on my lashes, I like to use a thicker mascara to give me more volume, this just isn't enough for me. But that's not really a bad thing. Some people don't like really big lashes, they want more of a natural look, so for them? This mascara would be perfect! And even if you do want a heavier mascara look like I do, that doesn't mean Mega Plush is useless - in fact, just the opposite. I like to use Mega Plush for what I call a 'finishing mascara'. After I get my lashes to about the thickness/length I want, I  use this mascara to give just a little more volume and to make my lashes look really glossy and nice. 
I'm not sure if you can tell in the after picture, but after applying this mascara, my lashes look really glossy and...fluttery? I don't know, I'm terrible with adjectives.

As for the staying power, this mascara stays on all day long. It doesn't flake or smudge even the tiniest bit, even on my oily eyelids! I actually think this mascara would be great for someone that has a hard time finding a natural mascara that doesn't smudge, because the effect is natural but still visible, and it really, really stays on! A lot of mascaras will smear if your skin gets oily, but this one really stays on and doesn't transfer all over your eye area to give you the dreaded.....PANDA EYES!!

So, would I say this mascara is amazing and all I use for my lashes? No, I couldn't say that. But the brush does a nice job of coating my lashes, to make them glossy and natural but pretty looking. I like to pair this mascara up with other mascaras to give an even better effect, but some people may REALLY like the natural look this mascara gives. It's a great, dark black color and it doesn't transfer all over the skin - no flakes, smudges, or smears. Overall, a really nice product!

Have you tried Mega Plush? 



18 comments:

  1. Maybelline always has amazingg mascaras! I love the falsies. I wanna try the rocket macara too.

    http://www.glamdiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Maybelline mascaras too! I haven't tried the Rocket either, but it looks so great! I think I need to pick it up!

      Delete
  2. I love Maybelline falsies and that has been the only one which would hold my curls. Maybe I should give this a try as you say staying power is pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally try it! I don't have super straight lashes so I might not be the best to tell you how well it holds a curl, but it has GREAT staying power for sure!

      Delete
  3. Hi, you have new follower from Monday Beauties Blog Hop ^^.
    http://biale-rekawiczki.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following! x

      Delete
  4. I've heard so, so, so many mixed reviews on this guy! I love Maybelline's mascaras but something about this one scares me a bit! Maybe I'll try it one day, you've sold me! :)

    - Jess
    The Mod Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't be scared Jess!! I really, really think you would like this mascara - it's great, but I think the reason some people might not like it is because it doesn't have the total wow factor, which is why I layer it! <3

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of the natural look when it comes to lashes since mine are so naturally short, straight and pale, so I like to go all out to enhance them! That brush looks amazing though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still might like it Gaby! It's not the most dramatic mascara, but it's also not the most natural!

      Delete
  6. That mascara looks gorgeous on you

    A little bit Unique

    x

    Oh and I'm running a giveaway, if you want to pop over and have a nosey! Giveaway here


    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your lashes look super long and pretty!! Did you say you apply 5 coats of mascara??? How do you do that without clumps, with some mascaras I get clumps after the 2nd coat. I'm so picky when it comes to mascara, I wish I would learn how to apply fake lashes like a pro bc I would just ware those everyday lol.

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Yeah I use a lot of mascara, normally 4-5 different ones all layered over each other. That sounds crazy, but it gives me the best effect. Maybe I'll do a post on it! It doesn't get clumpy for me as long as I don't apply the coats to heavy!

      Delete
  8. looks lovely! really long eyelashes! I just bought a similar Maybeline mascara, can't wait to try this one too! xo

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'd like this mascara! I really do :)

      Delete
  9. I really agree with you. I think the mascara is great, but not HG. It also does not smudge at all on my eyes which is awesome. Have you tried any of the Prestige mascaras?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't! I've heard My Blackest Lashes is really good though!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.