Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: Yes to Cucumbers Makeup Remover Wipes





I don't really think of makeup remover as the funnest thing ever to review, but I still want to review them, since they've become a big part in my skin care routine. I've tried tons and tons of makeup remover wipes, and my favorites have recently been the Yes to Cucumbers ones. I buy these at Walgreens, you get  a pack of 30 for just over $5. That's not the best deal ever, but their are more expensive wipes out there, and I find that these just work so well that it's worth it. The packaging is really cute and clever, I like the green packaging and the plastic piece where you get a wipe out of. Inside, their is a cute little sticker that says 'Wipe that smile ON your face', and after you peel the sticker off, the wipes are below.

The wipes are actually really, really nice quality. They aren't overly wet like some wipes are, which I actually really like. They are plenty wet enough to remove makeup from the face or eyes (even mascara), but they aren't so wet that your face feels really wet after you're done using the wipe. These wipes are actually really smooth and pretty thick, they don't feel like cheap quality like some of the really papery thin makeup removes do.

My skin is really sensitive, and makeup remover wipes tend to break me out a lot. But these wipes never cause my skin any problems at all, which is probably because they are 98 percent natural. I don't use only natural products, and I'd be lying if I said I did, but I really do like to use natural (or at least mostly natural) skin care because they never break me out.

Overall, I really like these wipes. They are currently my favorite makeup removers, and I've tried dozens - so I for these to be the best, is really saying something! They smell yummy but not overpowering, they don't break me out, and the remove makeup really well. I would absolutely recommend these!

16 comments:

  1. They are nicely packaged for sure! And they smell pretty good. But didn't remove water proof mascara for me =\
    I agree with you too about how they don't leave your face all wet and slimy after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the way they don't leave me face all wet and gross. I haven't tried these with a waterproof mascara, but they remove regular mascara really well for me. :)

      Delete
  2. These sounds lovely, I never use wipes to take off my makeup because they hurt my skin, I use the brand 'Simple' and their makeup remover with a cotton pad, BUT these look pretty good! thankyou for the review:)! xxx

    Shabby Chic and Tea♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thanks for the comment! I would really recommend these, a wipe is just so handy compared to using a liquid remover with a cotton ball! :)

      Delete
  3. I used to use these all the time and I had completely forgotten how amazing they are! I think they're better for my sensitive skin than most makeup wipes too :)

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! My skin is so sensitive, but these don't bother my face at all! I think they really are pretty amazing ;) I'm glad you like them too!!

      Delete
  4. I've used the Yes to Blueberries version, and they were okay, but they have the strangest scent. I'll have to try these ones next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird! I saw the blueberries ones, and they were actually a dollar more! I would really recommend these to replace them because they smell really good!

      Delete
  5. I tried these and they left my face red and burned! I still liked the smell

    Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow sorry these didn't work for you!!

      Delete
  6. definitely sounds like what i need! (something that doesn't make me break out and works!) I've tried so many, but most of them don't even wipe away everything! Thanks for the recommendation! (:

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend them! I have senstive skin too, and these haven't caused any problems at all! :)

      Delete
  7. I have sensitive skin as well so I generally just use olive oil to remove my makeup. I'll give these a try if I can find them. Thanks for sharing!

    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I've never tried using olive oil! I would definietly recommend these, they work great for sensitive skin - haven't bothered my skin a bit! :)

      Delete
  8. I'm glad they work for you, but I hated these. I had some sort of allergic reaction when I used them and my face became red and it burned. :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newest follower here! I found your blog thorough the blog hop. It is super cute, I can't wait to read more! You can find my blog at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.