Friday, August 09, 2013

Hiatus

Hey guys, today I decided to make a post I really didn't want to make. I need a break from this blog...a hiatus, a break, whatever you want to call it. The beauty blogging community only gets more bland, boring, and full of rules as time goes on. 'Your blog has to look like this', and 'you need this many followers', and you have to do this and that, and it never used to be like that. It used to be free and happy, and wasn't full of judgement and competition. I really need a break from all of it, the community just gets more vain and cruel as time goes on. That's not to say that all beauty bloggers are cruel, they definetly aren't - I've met amazing people. I want to thank all of who have supported my little blog for the past two and a half years, your comments, emails, and follows really did (and do) mean the world to me. Lately, I've noticed a huge lack of reader interest. Not as many comments or views, and I've had the same amount of followers for a good three weeks - not gaining even one. I don't know how this blog has become so stagnant and sad, but it has. It lacks the positivity and energy it once had. Lately I've had to force myself to sit down and write a post -and when I do, I'm never satisfied with it. And I haven't bought a single makeup product since the begining of April - it's just not where my heart is any more. That's not to say that I won't be back, it's just that as time passes, the 'beauty world' no longer fits me. I'm not the same person I was when I made this blog, I feel myself changing more and more each day. I will be back, even if posts are fewer. I do love the few of you who have stuck behind me and my blog, and I really do think I'll be back. Thank you guys again.

11 comments:

  1. Sometimes you have to get outside to see things better. A change in perspective is never a bad thing. You use different tools along the way, and the ones you no longer need, you have to let go. If (or when) you are meant to pick it back up, it will feel fresh and new again.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that! There's no shame in taking a break if things don't work how you want them to. It's your blog after all, you can do whatever you want with it :) Don't let some bitter people get you down xxx

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way sometimes. Not alot of views or comments on my end either. I still blog because I love it, and even a small handful of people like what I write, then I'm happy. Sometimes breaks are necessary, but I'm sure you'll come back full swing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do what you need to do, and I'm sorry for those that are bringing you down. I hope that you're able to find what you need and enjoy your break. Take care, Aly! See you later ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad about your hiatus. Better to know that you know you are changing into a better woman! And, yes, the beauty blogging world is changing. I might follow you into oblivion soon! Take care! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely understand! Certainly cut yourself a break for taking a hiatus - it is quite draining to sustain the enthusiasm for never-ending limited edition collections, new brand releases, and all that comes with putting yourself out there when there are many people just throwing around criticism instead of support and you hardly know if other bloggers' reviews are any more trustworthy than a paid magazine's... it kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and I couldn't get beanie babies because so many adults were buying them all up because there was a ridiculous frenzy of people who thought they could make money hoarding them... money came into beauty blogging and it's hard to be an amateur in an area that has been professionalized. That said, I still prefer to find reviews from small blogs who never get free stuff or paid for reviews. I hope you'll still gush with me on twitter about the occasional beauty find <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself, Aly! We will miss you, but will be waiting patiently for your return. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was away and wondering why I haven't seen a post from you on my dash ): I'm so sorry, Aly. Hopefully you do come back to blogging because yours remains one of my favorites :) I hope you get a needed break and come back refreshed to blog about whatever it is that gets you motivated again. It's really hard when you lose inspiration and then there's no feedback. Sure sometimes we write for ourselves but we love the interaction with comments. Again, you will be missed, but I'll be patiently waiting your return :) *cyber hug*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand that you need a break. I'm sad to see you go on a hiatus :( I love your blog and I think you are an amazing person! I will miss reading your posts! I have had the same feelings in the past, but I regained my interest again and I haven't lost it since. But I still get a bit discouraged from time to time. I hope to see you back soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clearly I'm a bit late to the party here but I just wanted to say it's nothing to worry about. It's amazing to have readers but at the end of the day blogging has to be something that YOU enjoy. If it always feels like work then what's the point?

    I've noticed less comments on my blog too lately. I think it's because there are just SO many beauty blogs and a lot of the readership is fellow bloggers. I know when I get busy with posts and things I don't read as many blogs and therefore am not commenting as much, and as sad as it sounds, there seems to be a "I only comment if you've commented on blog" type of attitude with a lot of girls.

    Anyway, hope to see you back at sometime (soon hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not understand it more clearly. so, I want to need some more details. so, please write it more clearly.

    http://www.deals4opticals.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.