Saturday, September 07, 2013

goodbye, loves.

It's been about a month since I've last posted, and I felt like you guys deserved to know what's going on. Like I mentioned, I no longer feel like beauty blogging is for me. After not looking at my blog or anyone elses in nearly a month, and then coming back, I found some posts looking so entirely superficial and ridiculous. There are always going to be beauty blogs I adore, (specifically Jess's, Coco's, and Mandy's), but some of the other posts all felt so fake and like the bloggers were trying to be someone they aren't. That's simply my opinion. Maybe my old posts feel that way too. I just know that I no longer fit the 'mold' that a beauty blogger needs to fit. I don't find myself buying any new beauty products, I rarely spend over 10 minutes on my makeup, and I feel like blogging is just a burden now. This blog has only gone downhill over time. I find it funny how I kept the same amount of followers for weeks when I was trying so hard to please all of you. Then, I went on hiatus and gained 5 new followers when I was never even posting. With school, friends, work, and everything else life throws at us - blogging doesn't fit into my schedule well anyway. But the main reason for me leaving is simply the fact that blogging is no longer something I can enjoy. It makes me feel way too pressured to have to please so many of you with my posts. "It's your blog, post what you want", is the number one over-used line in blogging world, while it's true - I'm not the one reading the material. I want to please YOU. And honestly, it's discouraging when I don't. It makes me feel awful when I put so much work into a post, then get 2 comments. Of course I'm grateful, but then I see other bloggers with 50 comments on a short post that probably took them only a few minutes. In my life right now, I am the happiest I have been in a very long time. My small family, and best friends Austin and Tiffany have really helped me lately. I want to focus on my life and being happy.

Thank you for all you guys have gone for me in the past two and a half years. Your comments mean the world to me, and I'm so happy I've been able to make so many amazing friends. If you ever want to get in touch with me, email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com and I'll always reply and i'd love to talk. Blogging has been so fun for me, and I'll never forget the people, memories, and amazing things that have happened because of it. You all have made my life brighter on even the darkest days. You will never be forgotten or go unnoticed. I love you all, and I want to hear from ALL of you! Do not ever be shy to email me, I want to stay in touch :) Thank you for all you've done, and who knows? Maybe i'll be back sometime :) I wouldn't unfollow if I were you, because I could make a reappearance one day! I love you all, stay happy and beautiful.

xoxo, aly

10 comments:

  1. Aww Aly, I'll miss you, but hopefully one day you'll be back. If not on this blog, then maybe another one of another kind. Who knows. Either way, I wish you the best of luck, and take care! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're leaving, I have always loved reading your posts! But I understand it it's just not fulfilling anymore--hopefully one day inspiration will strike again! Good luck with finding your happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww im sad to see you go :( but completely understand! Good luck with the future :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sorry to see you go, but I completely understand how you feel :) Good luck with everything that lies ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( Sorry to hear that blogging has become more of a burden than something you enjoy. I wish you all the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHh really sorry to read this because i am also miss you after that..so sad...
    health and fitness

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this was really long ago but I've missed you in the blogging world. I hope everything's going well for you right now ;)
    Always here if you need to talk
    xx Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a very nice post. I have read it, and also got many useful information's. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep sharing. For more information's, you can also look through the site

    http://www.deals4opticals.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! With great pleasure I would like to invite you to join our Facebook event "Day for blog links swap." You can join here https://www.facebook.com/events/563375310443042/. The event is international, and the description is translated into English. For more information see the link

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate every single one! I try to reply to every comment I get, but if you have something really urgent - email me at aly_wonderlandbeauty7@yahoo.com. Please note that I do not tolerate any mean comments, if you start something, I will finish it! :) And please - no follow for follow comments either, I don't mind if you leave your link, but note that I don't do follow for follow.